Two days were spent for storytelling on the province/region level.
First day, the Capitulars read, reflected on and shared about the provincial and regional stories. Â Of the total 45 stories, each Home Community had five different stories in hand. Â Key elements/insights, essential to our SSpS Identity, Spirituality and Charism, emerging from the reflections, were identified.
Each community wrote an SMS text message to the Capitulars and prepared a creative presentation of the reflections, which were brought to the plenum the following day.
Gathering the seeds of wisdom from the Stories
Whole morning of the second day was spent presenting insights and seeds of wisdom gathered from the nine Home Communities. Each community presented creatively and powerfully the context of the stories, the challenges and the SSpS missionary responses.
The following are the SMS text messages received from the 9 Home Communities:
- Led by the Spirit, Choose Life
- Sense Godâ€™s leading in todayâ€™s challenges and take risks
- Life is precious let us protect it
- As Servants of the Holy Spirit, we live the Paschal Mystery prophetically through the lens of JPIC
- Welcome to the evolving Global Consciousness. Â Think out of the box. The Spirit blows where she wills.
- Let go of the structures that are not life-giving. Take time to mourn the loses to receive the New.
- Dream an intercultural and inter-generational living of multiple colors.
- Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we transform ourselves and the world – Passion for Mission
- Nothing should stop us from being where we are needed.
- Let go of structures, routines, attitudes and mindsets
- Move out of our comfort zones to meet the challenges of todayâ€™s realities.
- Be transformed – begin with a vision
- Move from uncertainties and find new ways of being and sharing the Good News among all peoples.
After listening to and internalizing the text messages, the Capitulars were given the opportunity in the afternoon to share to the plenum anything that was burning withinâ€”insights, realizations, questions and concerns. Â
Some of the points shared:
- Chapter Energy as a body – Communion
- Consciousness that we are sent to mission by the Spirit
- Living healthily our interculturality is a challenge
- Living our commitment to life through the lens of JPIC
- As God-centered woman, respond to the challenging and demanding realities, taking risk
- The power of Storytelling, sharing good news
- Presentations indicate where the Spirit is calling or leading us
- Let go of the structures and leave comfort zonesâ€¦
- Spirit calls us to personal transformation for mission